Download and print at home on US Letter or A4 size paper.
Wearing History #R111
Circa 1910s Camisole or Corset Cover Pattern
~~ DESCRIPTION ~~
This camisole or corset cover pattern is based on an original period pattern from the 1910s. It is equally lovely when worn for period costume or worn as a modern casual top!
The front and back are cut loosely and the front retains a bit of the “drooped” front which was popular in the early 1900s. This camisole adjusts at the neckline by running ribbon through lace beading and tying it to your preference. The waist is permanantly axed to an interior waist stay, and then accented with lace beading. This camisole or corset cover can be made sleeveless or with short, gathered sleeves attached to a cuff. It can end at the waist, or be made with a peplum.
Romantic Recollections has designed a beautiful embroidery pattern as a companion to this pattern that may be purchased seperately. The embroidery pattern is not included with this pattern. You can purchase it here.
~~ DIFFICULTY ~~
For intermediate difficulty, this pattern has the period original, written sewing instructions which are very minimal and text only. It is also highly suggested you have a good grasp of pattern fitting and alteration, as fit is unchanged from the original period source material, and it may need to be adapted for modern bodies. I have made a video that can help with the waist stay, which is the most challenging part of construction. You can watch it here.
~~ SIZING ~~
This pattern includes bust sizes 32"-48" in one size packet. .
This pattern was original for WOMENS SIZING. Juniors, Misses, and Plus Sizes may require alteration for fit
The waist ratio is very different than current standards, but our testers substituted larger waist pieces with no difficulty. If your waist exceeds the size chart, we have included information on where to enlarge the waist and peplum pieces.
~~ WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THIS PATTERN ~~
This pattern is a “Resto-Vival” pattern from the 1910s, which means it was based on original period source material which has been RESTORED and REVIVED. To read more about Wearing History "Resto-Vival" patterns please read the paragraph at the bottom of the page to see what to expect. This Pattern Includes:
- Bust sizes 32"-48" Bust, all in the same packet
- Original period sewing instructions which were included with this pattern. These are unillustrated and about a paragraph in length.
- I have composed and compiled written two pages of unillustrated instructions to help you with assembly.
- A page listing checkpoints to keep an eye on when you fit your pattern (refer to a fit book for instruction on how to alter, as these are not included).
- Added instruction taken from period 1910s sewing books that can be applied to your construction.
- An image from a period 1910s catalog to help envision trimming
- The printed pattern is printed with COLOR LINES to indicate sizes. Exciting!
This Pattern Does Not Include:
- DOES NOT INCLUDE illustrated step by step instructions. They are mostly text only.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE detailed information on basic technique. You should be familiar with basic construction or have a sewing book handy if you need help on how to hem, gather, and attach basic seams together.
- DOES NOT INCLUDE cutting charts. You will need to create your own cutting layout on your yardage.
- DOES NOT HAVE uniform seam allowance. Seam allowance retains the original period standards, so seam allowances vary from 3/8" to 1.5". This was to allow for later alterations at the most frequent alteration spots (such as side seams and shoulder seams).
- DOES NOT INCLUDE direction for embroidery or embellishment. You are to trim as you desire. If you have an Embroidery Machine, you may purchase the beautiful embroidery patterns designed by Romantic Recollections to go along with this pattern.
~~ About Wearing History Resto-Vival™ Patterns ~~
Resto-Vival™ Patterns are original historic patterns that have been restored and revived. Original patterns are usually available only in single sizes, precut from tissue paper and totally unprinted, with details like grainlines and darts indicated only by small perforations. Resto-Vival™ patterns are printed on sturdy bond paper instead of tissue and clearly marked with drawn and labeled markings. These markings aid the modern sewer in understanding the markings of the original pattern and the construction of the garment. Resto-Vival™ patterns follow the period shapes of the original patterns, maintaining the historical accuracy of the completed garment. Original period instructions are included. These instructions are text only (unless otherwise noted) and fairly minimal, especially compared to instructions for modern patterns. At least an intermediate knowledge of dressmaking and a good familiarity with pattern construction is suggested. You may choose to have a modern or period sewing book handy to help with basic construction methods that the pattern instructions do not cover in detail. Also, fitting a muslin mockup is strongly recommended, as all garments were meant to be worn over period foundation garments or corsetry.
- HOW TO USE THIS E-PATTERN -
YOU WILL NEED ADOBE READER, A FREE PDF READER PROGRAM, IN ORDER TO OPEN AND PRINT THIS PATTERN.
This pattern is formatted for USA Letter Size and A4 sized paper. You will need to print this pattern to 100% scale. Open the "READ-ME-FIRST" File for instructions on printing and piecing your pattern.
This pattern is tiled into letter sized paper. You will print these documents on your home printer, cut, and tape them together, to form a larger pattern layout. Then you cut and use your pattern just as you would a normal home sewing pattern.
This pattern comes in 4 files, in a compressed folder
You will need to uncompress (or unzip) your folder prior to use.
- 20 sheets of paper for the pattern. Included are both COLOR and black and white pattern file, so you can pick which one to print
- 13 sheets of paper for the sewing instructions
- 1 for the e-pattern "how to" sheet.
34 total sheets of 8.5" x 11" sized paper or A4 sized paper are needed to make all garments in this pattern. This pattern file is formatted to fit on both sizes of paper, and there will be varying thicknesses of white border, which will be cut off, according to pattern instructions.
- How to Download -
You will be able to download this pattern after your order is marked as "Completed".
If ordering with mailed product, purchased with an unconfirmed Paypal address, or purchased with a credit card, there may be a slight delay, as I will need to manually approve the transaction before the system marks it as "completed".
By purchasing this pattern you agree to the following terms: This e-pattern is licensed exclusively to the person who purchases this pattern from Wearing History for the sole purpose of home sewing or non-profit use. Commercial or production use is prohibited. Do not share this pattern by email or any other form. Remember, I make my living by using my talents to make these patterns. Help support indie small business by telling your friends to purchase their own copy of this pattern from http://wearinghistory.clothing
Review Hide Reviews
Perfect for those new to digital patterns
I purchased two of these e-patterns to use for demonstrating in a class I taught on using digital patterns. The quality of them, & the ease of use, made them perfect for my beginners. Also the pages on the pattern grids are numbered so that helps keep them in order if they get out of hand.