Wearing History #4005
1940s Panties & Bloomers
Size 24" through 32" Waist
This listing is for a mailed, printed pattern on one large pattern sheet. You can purchase the E-Pattern here.
- Pattern Description -
Multi-Size - 24" through 32" Waist All in One Packet
This "Resto-Vival" pattern is a fantastic wardrobe basic for those interested in recreating authentic looks from the 1940s. Based on an original vintage pattern, this includes 5 waist sizes in one packet. These panties and bloomers feel elegant under dresses, but also make great loungewear or pajamas for a modern gal. The bias cut tap panties are smooth and modestly sexy, while the bloomers are great under skirts for cooler weather. A historically appropriate solution to what to wear under your vintage dresses, these are a great base for your lace insertion or creative applique designs.
- Bias Cut - These hug the figure with the cut of the fabric, making you feel elegant in even your most basic dresses.
- A Solution to Warm and Cool Weather Undies- The tap panties are cool for warm weather, while the bloomers keep you warm in cooler weather.
- Great Base for Your Creative Designs- add your own applique, embroidery, or lace insertion to create elegant yet practical underthings
- Authentic Vintage Fit- This pattern fits the authentic vintage way. A looser crotch than modern panties makes these hug the figure, and the bias cut with no front and back seam makes these invisible under dresses.
- Cute for Loungewear, too- Make these up in fun, lightweight cottons for cool loungewear or modern pajamas!
Note for prior customers: If you purchased this pattern prior to 6/20/16, there has been a pattern correction. Please download the correction here. http://wearinghistoryblog.com/2016/06/pattern-correction-1940s-panties-bloomers/
- About Wearing History Resto-Vival™ Patterns -
Resto-Vival™ Patterns are original historic patterns that have been restored and revived. Original patterns are usually available only in single sizes, precut from tissue paper and totally unprinted, with details like grainlines and darts indicated only by small perforations. Resto-Vival™ patterns are printed on sturdy bond paper instead of tissue and clearly marked with drawn and labeled markings. These markings aid the modern sewer in understanding the markings of the original pattern and the construction of the garment. Resto-Vival™ patterns follow the period shapes of the original patterns, maintaining the historical accuracy of the completed garment. Original period instructions are included. These instructions are text only (unless otherwise noted) and fairly minimal, especially compared to instructions for modern patterns. At least an intermediate knowledge of dressmaking and a good familiarity with pattern construction is suggested. You may choose to have a modern or period sewing book handy to help with basic construction methods that the pattern instructions do not cover in detail. Also, fitting a muslin mockup is strongly recommended, as all garments were meant to be worn over period foundation garments or corsetry.
Customers also viewed